With a local
This day tour starts in the heart of old town Nicosia, at The Holy Cross Catholic Church, where you’ll explore the green line – seeing the deserted houses and old streets of the last divided capital in the world. You have the option to cross the border to the Turkish occupied North to see some historic sites. You’ll then enjoy a mini taste tour of Cypriot delicacies followed by a Segway experience to investigate the old town further and learn a little about its history. Your tour will end at a traditional tavern to feast on a selection of delicious Cypriot dishes included in the full meze lunch.
We recommend participants have breakfast before the pick-up time and be prepared to finish the tour comfortably full. Participants must also bring their passports if they would like to visit the occupied part of Nicosia. Here’s the Nicosia Day Tour in a nutshell…
- Visit the last divided capital in the world!
- Pick up from your chosen location and a welcome snack!
- 5-6 hours of exploring the old town and green line!
- 4 stops where you’ll taste various Cypriot delicacies and snacks!
- A gift bag for your group – collect delicious things along the way!
- A 5th stop which will include a full traditional meze lunch with lots of Cypriot dishes!
- Learn about Cypriot food and its history!
- Photo memories taken by your guide and then sent to you by email!
- Leave us with an extensive recommendation list of further foods and places to try!
- A thank you gift for your group to enjoy!
A fantastic opportunity to discover the turbulent past that the Island of Cyprus has endured. We put together an excellent itinerary which allows you to see and taste the best of old town Nicosia in a short time.
So book a tour today to discover what Cypriot food is all about!
- You need to be at least 4 people for each tour but if you are less than 4 people, please contact us and we can put you together with other groups.
- Available for groups of 4–30 people!
- No hidden extra costs – All inclusive!
- Discounts available for children and groups of 4 or more!
- If you have any food/drink allergies or food/drink preference please let us know in advance.
- Normally a morning activity, this option is also available in the afternoon with dinner provided instead of lunch. Afternoon pick-ups for the afternoon tour are at 15:00 however both the morning and evening pick-up times can be adjusted to suit your schedule if need be. If this is something you’re interested in – just contact us with a request!
- If you do not want to take part in a Segway experience then just let us know and we can adjust the schedule accordingly.
We provide full refunds if tours are cancelled a minimum of 48 hours before the tour starts.